Friday, August 6, 2010

A Good Zoo Read

A Good Zoo Read

Last week I did a little bit of travelling and, as is my way, I took advantage of the time sitting on a bus to catch up on some reading. It is very rare these days that I get around to fiction but this was different because it was zoo fiction!

I started out by reading 'Night Kill'. Almost from the start I was into the novel and really enjoying it. Time quickly passed by. The author has done an exceptional job at drawing the reader in. This book is set in a zoo, with zoo animals and zoo people. These were characters I could identify with, it was almost as if I knew them. In fact over the years I have known people just like them.

Ann Littlewood is an exceptional writer and as a former zoo employee knows what it is like on the inside. She does not make the offputting mistakes that other authors make when they venture zoo side.

'Night Kill' is a great read. A murder mystery. Once I had started reading I could scarcely put it down and two days later felt quite sad when it was finished. Never mind I thought, I have another by the same author and so I started to read 'Did Not Survive'. I had not been expecting it but was delighted to find this was set in the same zoo with the same familiar characters plus a few new ones. 'Did Not Survive' was almost like a homecoming and I enjoyed it as much as the first book.

It is well worth buying these books. Buy them both because you will want to read them both. Read them in order. Buy them for you, buy them as a gift because they will be appreciated. Whereas all zoo people will enjoy reading them so too would any fan of mystery and suspense. What is more whoever reads them will learn something about zoos and the people who work in them too.

To Order Please Click




To Order Please Click

No comments:

Post a Comment